26th November 2018
- Permanent Overrides has been added as the second Campaign type in Live Ops. Permanent Overrides define a set of Catalog overrides that will be applied to a Player if they match the Segmentation Criteria. Each Player can be assigned to multiple Permanent Overrides. See documentation.
- One-Time Purchases both Real Money and Virtual Purchases can be defined as one-time purchases. New calls GetOneTimeMoneyPurchases, and GetOneTimeVirtualPurchases which return one-time definitions and their availability to the Player. New
OneTimePurchaseExceptionwill be thrown when calling MakeVirtualPurchase where the one-time purchase has already been used.
- Metrics SessionStart has been deprecated. Metrics sessions are started automatically on Player Login, which returns the MetricsAccessToken for use with other Metrics endpoints. Backwards compatibility is unaffected, no change is required for existing games.
- Metrics GenerateUuid has been deprecated.
- SDK v2.5.0
- Connect, Dashboard and Metrics, scalability and reliability improvements.
31st October 2018
- Custom Charts. Custom charts have had a major upgrade. See documentation.
- In-app purchases are now available to select as the charted event under 'Built-in events'.
- Filters have been added to allow filtering on event parameters and player segments.
- It's now possible to preview a chart before saving it to the Dashboard.
- New measure controls allow selecting the minimum, maximum, average or sum of an event parameter.
- New Number and Table chart types have been added, allowing even more ways to visualise data.
- Charts are now more performant when working with large data sets.
- Fixed an issue where Realtime KPIs could report inaccurate Total values.
- Metrics and Dashboard scalability and reliability improvements.
3rd September 2018
- Support Scripts. A new type of Cloud Code script. Once published, support scripts are available to run on the Player view, perfect for use-cases such as, resetting player data from a buggy release, resetting player passwords, issuing currency or inventory items. See documentation.
- Documentation has been given a new lick of paint and overhaul.
- Connect and Dashboard scalability and reliability improvements.
24th August 2018
- Dashboard User Permissions. In the ChilliConnect Dashboard game access can be restricted by setting permissions. Users can be Admin, or Standard types. Standard Users must have permission to access each game in the account. In addition permission can be granted as read only, or read + write. For existing accounts the user which signed up is set to Admin, all other users are Standard with read + write permission for games existing at the time of release.
- Added OutcomeAttachment to Async Multiplayer Matches. Set up to 1mb of attachment data upon completion of a Match. The presense of an OutcomeAttachment on a completed match is indicated by the new parameter HasOutcomeAttachment in any Match response. To get OutcomeAttachment data call the new GetMatchOutcomeAttachment specifying the MatchID.
- Collections. Added Randomize flag to the QueryCollection call. When set to true 20 random Collection Objects will be returned. Those 20 Objects are sorted as specified by the SortFields parameter.
- SDK v2.2.0
- Fixed an issue where Player Inventory could be returned in indeterminate order.
- Minor Dashboard and reliability improvements.
10th August 2018
- Realtime Analytics. Active Players, Installs and Revenue KPIs available in the Dashboard updated in realtime. Integration with AB Testing enables live inights into performance, see documentation for details.
- Steam integration. Link and authenticate players with their Steam accounts, documentation.
- Automatic IAP analytic recording. New game setting that will record the analytics IAP event when an IAP is successfully validated or redeemed. For backwards compatibility the setting is off for exsisting games, visit game settings to activate.
- Delete Players and Leaderboard Scores from the Dashboard - easy to clean up debug and test data from game dashboards.
- SDK v2.1.0
15th June 2018
- Economy Overrides. Define overrides for any item in the game Economy for AB Tests. Overrides are seamlessly applied to a Player's Economy definitions depending on their AB Test and Test Group assignment.
- Economy has been split into Economy and Catalog modules. Currency, Inventory and IAP redemption remain in Economy, all definitions and versioning categorised under Catalog. Various renaming and restructuring to facilitate this change. Backward compatibility is maintained for all existing games.
- KPI integration with AB Testing.
- Google integration. Link and authenticate players with their Google accounts, documentation.
- SDK v2.0.0
8th May 2018
- Device authentication. Device ID authentication is now the preferred default method of authentication on mobile devices. Easily create anonymous player accounts, and then link other authentication sources for a seamless gameplay experience. See our updated documentation.
12th March 2018
- Unreal Blueprint SDK. Support for Unreal with the ChilliConnect Blueprint SDK. See documentation.
- New Economy items, Unreal Mobile Patch and Zip Package. See documentation.
- UI improvements to Economy Management UI. Improved search, and tagging making it easier than ever to manage large Economies.
26th January 2018
- New Economy item, Custom Types. Using the JSON Schema standard Custom Types allow you to define your own economy types specific for your game. See documentation.
15th December 2017
- New Asnychronous Multiplayer API. Including powerful and flexible matchmaking, support for both client and server authoritative multiplayer games, suitable for all types of Asynchronous Multiplayer games - including classic turn based games, offline multiplayer and parallel play. See documentation.
- New Cloud Code module support. Share code between your Cloud Code scripts. See documentation.
- New Cloud Code supports C#. See documentation.
- New Cloud Code Script Events. Cloud Code Scripts can be triggered by API Calls, or System Events. See documentation.
15th November 2017
- IAP methods available in Cloud Code Scripts.
10th October 2017
- Add/Edit Collection objects from the Dashboard.
28th September 2017
- Allow Indexes and Unique fields to be defined on Collections
22nd September 2017
- View and compare Metrics segment performance with updates to the graph views.
- Access to new Metrics KPIs data export.
- Additional data export: KPIs. A 90 day KPI export in CSV and SQL format.
- Sessions data export now includes all segmentation data.
- Formatting changes to SQL exports. SQL exports can now be cumulatively updated.
21st August 2017
- Multiplayer Photon integration. Authenticate Photon players using ChilliConnect and make use of the full ChilliConnect feature set direct from Photon webhook callbacks.
- Economy Versioning. Edit a game economy without affecting active Players, when satisfied with changes, Publish. Players remain on the same version of the Economy for the duration of their session. Also, save time by only requesting definitions when there is a new Economy Version, and save data by downloading the Economy as a zipped package file. See documentation.
- External Scripts. Integrate ChilliConnect with external systems by triggering Cloud Code Scripts by making and receiving HTTP calls. See documentation.
- SDK v1.16.0
- New Cloud Code Script type - External. External Cloud Code Scripts can be triggered by HTTP request. See documentation.
- Make HTTP calls from Cloud Code Scripts. See documentation.
- New Cloud Code Script type - Photon Callback. Photon Callback scripts are triggered by Photon Webhook events and provide convenient wrappers to access request and set responses. See documentation.
- Added GeneratePhotonAccessToken call that returns a time-limited token for use with Photon authentication. See documentation.
- Download Economy definitions in a packaged zip file.
- Added GetDefinitionsPackage call which returns details about an Economy Version Package that can be downloaded from the provided URL.
- Added GetEconomyVersion call that returns meta data for the latest Economy available for the game and the Economy version in use by the current session.
EconomyVersionresponse parameters to PlayerLogin, GetCurrencyBalance, GetInventory, and Economy GetDefinitions calls.
- Note all Economy, and Messaging Send calls may now return an
EconomyNotPublishederror. This change will not affect existing games.
- Create and edit new Script types, Photon Callback and External.
- Edit an Economy working copy before making live by publishing.
- Download an Economy Package.
13th July 2017
- Automatic Metrics Collection. By default ChilliConnect will track metrics for each platform, location, device type, version and A/B test.
- Metrics Segment Filtering. All KPIs can now be filtered by Device Type, Platform, Version and Location and compared side-by-side.
- SDK v1.15.1
- By default all Login methods will also start a Metrics session. This is configurable with a setting on the Dashboard.
- New response parameter
MetricsAccessToken, has been added to all Login methods - will be populated if a Metrics session is created as part of the call.
- Filter and compare Metrics KPIs by segments.
- New settings for automatic session start (upon login), and session refresh timeout.
- New call RefreshSession. A new setting in the Dashboard controls the timeout which decides if an existing session is refreshed or a new session created. See the guide.
- StartSession call accepts new optional parameters,
TestGroupKey. See StartSession for details, and accepted values. If not given, Country will be populated using a geo-IP lookup.
19th June 2017
- Support for Scheduled Cloud Code. Run Cloud Code scripts every hour, day or week. See Cloud Code documentation.
- Player Messaging Tutorial showing how to integrate Facebook SDK with Player Messaging to support in game gifting.
26th April 2017
- Added Title and Data support to Push Notifications for APNS and GCM.
Dataparameters to Scripting API SendToPlayer and SendToChilliConnectIds calls.
- Note GCM push notifications are now sent as Notification or Data types depending on the payload.
- Added support for sending a Push Notification with
- Added support for sending Push Notifications to Players assigned to an AB Test, an AB Test Group, or a Location (black/white list). See documentation.
21st April 2017
- Added Sticky support for AB Tests.
- Added Sticky support for AB Tests. If an AB Test is set to sticky, once assigned the Player will remain assigned to that Test beyond the end date. See documentation.
31st March 2017
- Player Accounts - Link with Game Center. Link and Login with an Apple Game Center account. See documentation, LinkGameCenterAccount, and LogInUsingGameCenter.
- Player search updated to by default populated with a list of the most recently logged in Players. Note: due to data replication this list may be a few minutes behind live.
- SDK v1.12.0
28th March 2017
- Player Data Attachments. Able to store up to 2MB of attachment data with each Player Data Key. See documentation, SetPlayerData, and GetPlayerDataAttachment.
- New Push Notifications SendToChilliConnectIds call. Able to send a push notification to a list of ChilliConnectIDs from the Cloud Code. See SendToChilliConnectIds.
- Push Notifications SendToPlayer now sends push notifications asynchronously, therefore the possible errors returned have changed. Errors
5004will no longer be returned.
- SDK v1.11.0
7th March 2017
- Edit an AB Test.
- Able to manually assign or unassign a Player to an AB Test, or Test Group.
- View a list of Players assigned to an AB Test Test Group.
- Player view changes. Move Push Groups and Tokens to the Details tab.
28th February 2017
- LiveOps AB Testing. Players will be assigned to an AB Test that they are eligible for upon CreatePlayer and Login calls.
- New GetActiveTest call. Get a Player's currently assigned AB Test details. See GetActiveTest
- Login calls accept new optional parameters,
Platform. See LogInUsingChilliConnect for details, and accepted values. These parameters are saved to the Player and power AB Testing segmentation criteria.
- CreatePlayer call accepts new optional parameters,
Platform. See CreatePlayer for details, and accepted values. These parameters are saved to the Player and power AB Testing segmentation criteria. If not given, Country will be populated using a geo-IP lookup.
- GetPlayerDetails updated. Additionally returns
- LiveOps section added. Push Notifications moved from Connect, Tests added.
- Able to create a Test, start/end date, Player eligibility criteria and Test Group definitions. Once started, Players will be assigned to the Test upon CreatePlayer or Login calls. Once a Test has expired, a Player will be unassigned upon the next Login call.
20th February 2017
- Improve messaging around invalid parameters on the Cloud Data AddCollectionObject call.
- SDK: Made parsing responses more reliable in development.
- SDK v1.9.4
13th February 2017
- New Tutorial Facebook Login and Friends Leaderboards
7th February 2017
- Bug fix in the Unity SDK when running on iOS parsing an error response.
- SDK Unity v1.9.3
26th January 2017
- AddInventoryItem additional optional parameter
ItemID- able to set the ItemID from your game.
- GetScoresForFacebookFriends additionally returns
FacebookProfileImage- a URL to the profile image.
- Minor documentation fixes.
- SDK v1.9.1
- API Explorer
16th January 2017
- New call GetCollectionObjects.
WriteLockfor Collection Objects.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Delete a Collection.
- Delete a Collection Object.
- Query a Collection.
- Minor documentation fixes.
- SDK v1.9.0
- API Explorer